RESPECT MUSIC ARTIST PROMOTIONS AGREEMENT COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. So what do we pay for these services?
No financial payment required, payment can be made simply by showing your gratitude with words of support and maybe doing us a Respect Music Radio tag ;-)
2. So how does Respect Music afford to pay for all this?
Well to be totally honest, we don’t afford to, this is a sacrifice we make to support what we love, this being music and meeting like minded people that shares the same passion. We have been investing in RM for years now. Unfortunately the avenues for quality music in Australia are far from prosperous and yet we still invest as the returns weighed in $ sometimes are nowhere near as rewarding as those of gratitude and new relationships with peers and fellow musicians/producers/labels etc.
3. Is this agreement exclusive?
It is what you want it to be and that is all! We are asking for nothing that you do not want to give. It is a Non Exclusive Agreement, which can be terminated via writing whenever you please and is also adaptable to your needs via opt-in services (section 2)
4. Do I lose any of my rights or control of my works?
No not at all, we ask for no shares or splits of rights, we just ask for a waiver of live performance rights to allow us to play the works without being charged by the rights/royalties collection agencies for doing exactly what you are paying us to do --- oh wait did we say, pay? (lol) that’s right we are doing this all complimentary ;-) Your works will only be promoted in the areas that you opt in to, you will not lose control of anything except that of your exploding fan base, which would in turn bring sales, tours and revenue for you, we would hope.
5. What if I do not want to opt in to some of the services offered?
That is fine you simply do not tick them and fill out the rest of the agreement.
6. What if I do not own all the publishing rights to the works submitted?
You should send a copy of this agreement off immediately to all publishing rights owners and explain how great Respect Music is and fill them in on ‘The Amazing (Like Wow) Deal we have on offer!
7. What if I have made a mix but do not have all the rights to the works?
You either opt out of ‘Feature Artist On Respect Music Radio Show’ or you opt in and take full responsibility for having a mix up with content that you have no right to use. Or you opt in and send us mixes that you have all the works cleared. In short Respect Music will take whatever heat it deserves for any of its errors in trading but it cannot take on the responsibilities of others. This is why we have this agreement.
8. What if I have a concern with how I ‘myself’ or my works maybe represented?
We are all for feedback as this is what allows us to develop great things from good things. Respect Music is not just about what ‘we’ want but is about what ’YOU’ all want. Artist/Label/Publisher’s ideas will only strengthen the infrastructure which is being built to support and grow ’YOU’. We are not an entity wishing to leech off of you, we are only interested in offering value and innovation, so please do speak up should you have any concerns or ideas at all and we will do our best to make it happen.
9. Will my works end up on your blog as free downloads?
No, this would never happen without authority, as all our posts will be directly linked to the Artist/Label/Publishers' own Soundcloud page, where if the works are downloadable they have full control of this. The only time Artist/Label/Publisher’s material will be available for download is when the show is uploaded to Respect Music’s Soundcloud page as a part of the weekly 2 hour segment, with tags throughout.
10. What if Respect Music becomes a massive multi million dollar entity and sells without any financial return to the artists from the niche markets that supported it?
1. Firstly niche market and multi million dollar do not belong in the same sentence.
2. Secondly RM is a dream and you can’t sell a dream, no $ is worth not living out a dream.
3. Thirdly if any money is made after the many years of investment, it would only be fair that we gain a minimal wage as payment for our faith, sacrifice, dedication and investment into the industry and the many people in it, that we have promoted without having any direct invested interest in them.
4. Fourthly it is the Artist/Label/Publisher that gains from this immediately with a hands on service offering possible income and opportunities whilst RM waits around on a big if, for financial support and returns whilst investing much of its time and $ into others that it has no invested interest in. That is what you call a labor of love.
5. Fifthly if we ever did begin to turn a profit from these areas of the business this would simply give Respect Music more income to invest further into our complimentary services for all to benefit from, we are always playing with WIN WIN in mind.
6. Sometimes, just sometimes people actually enjoy giving more then they get and are not interested in $ the same way most are but then living in the current times we are not surprised that we can all get defensive at times and think the worst of people before giving them a chance to earn our trust. We hope that we have put some of your concerns to rest.